Wednesday, February 6, 2008

All Systems A Go

My mini test of two miles went perfectly today. After running 10 on Monday and 6 on Tuesday, both at a little over an 8 minute pace, I wanted to test my legs to see if they felt sluggish at all. Pace? A little faster than my marathon pace, coming in at 10 min/mile, which is a lot faster than my 50k pace, which is a better estimate for how fast I will be running for the trail marathon on Sunday.

Granted, two miles does not a marathon make. But all I needed to see was if the legs felt sluggish, which can be felt in the first few miles. Hills? I walk most of them, so how my legs feel running up hill doesn't matter. Down hill? Gravity, baby, is all I need.

So all systems are a go for my Friday through Sunday race weekend: 9 on the 9th, Valentine Fun Run 10k, and the Los Gatos Fatass Marathon.

Should be a fun weekend.

No comments: