Thursday, September 20, 2007

Future Race (Vacation) Schedule

I was daydreaming the other day. There are so many places that I want to travel and visit, so what better way than to travel there for a marathon and tour the sites at the same time? What better way than to take a tour on foot? I'm seeing so many places in the many assorted races that I would have probably otherwise never been to or seen. I live in San Jose and yet much of what I ran at the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon last year was all new to me.

I have no delusions. I know that a majority of these marathons I'll never get a chance to run, although I will definitely get to visit the cities, and some of them may be too difficult for me to even try. Nonetheless, I'll indulge my daydreams and build a Future Race Schedule. Some are local and are "must runs" because of their locality (CA) and others are races where I used to live (AZ), but most are areas across the US that I would jump at the chance of visiting. Hopefully I'll be able to notch off a few of these from the list, but only time will tell.

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What no Des Moines?? :) Hee hee.

http://www.damtodam.com/

http://www.desmoinesmarathon.com/site3.aspx (this is what I have been training for although I will do the half now and not the full)