Thursday, September 13, 2007

Useless Stats From The 50k

Okay, so I love stats. I can't get enough of them. Every chance I have I take advantage of it and compile useless stats. So the 50k is the perfect chance to compile stats because the distance affords for a lot of stats. Can I say stats again?

So here we go. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue how to display the majority of the stats (split stats for speed, pace, ascents, descents and so on) other than in a Google Spreadsheet.

It took me 495.78 minutes to complete. I consumed (pre and during race) 2,592 calories and burned 7,425 calories. I drank 180 oz. of fluid, which shocked me, and I probably should have drank more if I could have carried more.

There were 54 starters with 44 finishers, which was an 81.5% completion rate. Of the 44 finishers there were 36 men and 8 women. Of the 10 DNFs there were 7 men and 3 women.

I've written stats 8 times on this post.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, your love of STATS is impressive. And I thought I was a data geek. :)

Bill Carter said...

Yes, we runners are truly a bunch of geeks. I love stats and figuring out paces, calories, etc. What a great accomplishment. I keep thinking to myself that some day I would like to try and go longer than 26.2.. all of a sudden my sanity kicks back in and I realize that is just crazy.
Best of luck,
Bill

Running Ragged said...

I am glad I am not the only one who likes stats! :)